The children are eagerly counting down the days until school starts. We’ve only got 4 days left and it’s probably a good thing because my bedroom is being over taken with school supplies! Those back packs you see? They’re FULL of stuff! Though I’ve got to admit, shopping for their school supplies was really fun
As you know from my previous post, this has all been a walk of faith for us. We knew last fall that God was leading us in this direction. We toured the school, showed the children their classes, paid the application fees, sent a couple of them for a half day of school so they could see what it was like, bought their school uniforms and school supplies…all without knowing how in the world we were going to pay the tuition. I was tempted to stress over it a few times but I kept reminding myself that if this is what God was wanting us to do (and we knew it was) He would take care of it. He has always, always taken care of us and I’ve learned that stressing over things is a waste of time and energy. He has it completely under control. I’m more interested in seeing how He is going to do it…once again. That’s the fun part
Well, we got to see Him place all the pieces of the puzzle in perfect order for us again this week and I wonder how one could possibly go through life thinking God doesn’t care or doesn’t exists. He proves Himself and His love over and over again in so many ways. When I got the children’s school supply list a few weeks ago, there was letter enclosed letting all the parents know that their office lady was leaving and that they were looking for a replacement. I called immediately and applied for the job. The next week my husband and I were called in for an interview and to discuss some things about the school. The conversation reaffirmed for us that it is definitely the right school for our children to be in and come to find out, one of the board members is a pastor I knew when I was younger. I continued to wait for an answer regarding the job for two more weeks. There were others that had applied and nothing was certain. Then yesterday I got a call from the school. They wanted to make me an offer! To see how perfectly God worked this out for us, take a look at this:
1) They want me to work 4 days a week, not 5. I can choose which day I would like off during the week. Since I work in town on Thursdays this is perfect!
2) The amount left to pay for the children’s tuition would be $2500. The amount of money I will make from now to the end of school at my job is town is about $2504. They didn’t even know that! But see, God did.
3) I have been saving up money through the summer to put towards their tuition. If I pay someone to watch my youngest one a couple of days a week while I’m at the school, I have just enough saved up to get us through the school year and purchase a couple of last minute things we need. Again, God knew what we would need.
4) My hours at work will be 8:30-1:00. The children are in school from 8:30-2:30. That leaves me an hour and a half to run errands (Walmart and Market Basket are both nearby) or schedule in my 31 work before heading home with the children, which frees up my evenings. How perfect is that?!
5) I’ll have the same schedule as the children. When they have vacation, I’ll be home with them. When they’re home in the summer, I will be too! That was so important to me and God took care of it for me.
6) Because I’ll be working at the school, I won’t be spending extra money in commuting either.
Really, how awesome is that? God is so good to us. Truly, truly good. He took care of every single detail! If you are living your life without a relationship with God, please reconsider. He loves you so much! Life would not be the same without Him by our side, leading us in the right direction and preparing things for us along the way. He wants to do the same for you too!